Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Next Big Thing!

-->
I was tagged by JaiArun Ravine in The Next Big Thing!
The Next Big Thing! as you may know is a multi-branching dna strand of poets twisting and tagging each other in the cybersphere about their digital and actual words as books or chaps, perhaps bound projects. It was spawned by Carol Mirakove.

The Next Big Thing questions:


What is the working title of the book?
 I’m oscillating between two titles: Missives of Appropriation and Error or not so sea


Where did the idea come from for the book?
I wanted to weave together my obsessions: the complications of placing the immigrant body, my immigrant body in a “safe,” linear narrative. The book began with a series of missives to my mother, imagining a space in which we share language.


What genre does your book fall under?
Experimental/ Feminist/Asian American/Poetry


What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Hmmm. Someone vey unpolished, loud. A barker. A dog, someone who likes eating meat.


What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
Missives of Appropriation and Error or not so sea is a text that fuses the speaker’s transcontinental and matrilineal lineages with the discourses of the speaker’s own reproductive body and her own daughters bodies.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
I’m a slow writer. My book took 5 years to write from 2007-2012.


Who or what inspired you to write this book?

I wanted to write a text that placed my mother as heroine.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
I feel this book represents the ability to touch what isn’t.


Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I’m looking for a publisher. Will you publish my book? You can contact me here: emgee_roberts@yahoo.com.

My tagged writers for next Wednesday are:
CandyShue, Steffi Drewes, Jackie Wang, and, BhanuKapil

No comments:

Post a Comment