Friday, March 1, 2013

Excerpt from a letter for funding

-->
My project works with themes that frame the body, memory, defect, cells, and pan- Asianness. It’s a project that chronicles birth, therapies, perceptions of beauty in relation to what gestates, is born: 

is. 
The working title is X. I could write an essay about Mosaicism, hybrids, and perception, but I wont.
What I will write is that I gave birth in a squatted position. The room was red. What I will write is that my eyes aren’t slanted enough. I will write about the body’s fascia. Did you know that the body’s fascia has the ability to stand on its own without a skeletal structure for over 2 minutes? I will write about ethnic standards, phrenology, and the human zoo at the 1904 St Louis World Fair. I will reach towards this book. What I will write is that the Dr. who examined my daughter after she was two days old said, “There’s something wrong with this baby,” without ever touching her.

No comments:

Post a Comment